Mission Statement

It is the mission of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild to give knitters of all skill levels the opportunity to get to know other knitters, to learn new techniques, and to share their ideas, resources, and talents with the community.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Keeping Babies' Heads Warm Since 2010



All year Bay Lakes Knitting Guild members have been knitting preemie hats to donate to local hospitals. There's always a need, unfortunately, so if you've got a small amount of yarn in the bottom of your stash, knit up a hat for some tiny life that needs a little warmth.

I like knitting with worsted weight yarn so I searched the web for preemie hats using it. Here are links to a couple for you to check out:


Too Early Birthday Hat

Preemie Hats


I confess I'm addicted to brightly variegated yarn for babies. Both of my babies were dark haired and looked great in bold colors, must be why. I'm going to make the next one with pastels. Really. Cross my heart.

F.Y.I.-- I read that preemie hats need to be made of yarn that can be sterilized. Bear that in mind so your gift can be used where it's needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment