Mission Statement

It is the mission of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild to give knitters of all skill levels the opportunity to get to know other knitters, to learn new techniques, and to share their ideas, resources, and talents with the community.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

We Thrummed!

I have to confess that I totally forgot to take pictures at last Thursday's meeting so all I have to show are pictures of my own first attempt at thrumming.  It was a fun and interesting lesson. If I ever decide that I need the warmest slippers in captivity now I'll know how to make them.  Laurie B gave us a very clear handout and seemed to be in three places at once helping people.  Thanks, Laurie, it was fun and educational.








Show and Tell was almost all red--red hats, red mittens, a red paperweight, a red sweater, even a red cardinal glasses holder.  (I wish I'd taken a picture of that.)

Many of the hats and quite a few pairs of mittens ended up in front of me for delivery to Annie Jackson Elementary School.  The school secretary was very appreciative when I dropped them off on Friday and said they're probably good for the season.

The smallest hats went to St. Vincent Hospital to keep the tiniest heads warm.  




Thanks for all your efforts, knitters, you show your generous hearts with every donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment