Mission Statement

It is the mission of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild to give knitters of all skill levels the opportunity to get to know other knitters, to learn new techniques, and to share their ideas, resources, and talents with the community.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

We Do Good Work

This afternoon I stopped at St. Vincent Hospital and dropped off the preemie hats and chemo caps that I collected over the last month.  As I got off the elevator looking for the NICU three nurses came down the hall toward me.  One asked if she could help me and I told her that I had a bag of preemie hats from the Knitting Guild to deliver.  Her eyes lit up and she said, "Oh, good.  We go through these like lightning.  I'll put them in my office."





Then I went down to the Radiation Oncology department and delivered the larger hats.  The receptionist there was almost as glad to get them as the upstairs nurse was.





Keep those needles flying and thanks.  You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment