The Bay Lakes Knitting Guild’s Design-a-thon is an opportunity for all BLKG members to stretch their knitting skills and experiment with ideas they have for fun or functional, crazy or calm projects, creating a knitting project that is an enjoyable experience for the participant.
Steps to participate:
1. Choose which Group for the type of project(s) you’re planning to design and create
· Group A: dishcloths, soap bags, pillows, other small household items
· Group B: hats, mittens, scarves, socks, slippers, afghans/blankets, toys
· Group C: sweaters, shawls, shawlettes, dresses, purses/bags
* All felted & baby projects will fall into group of the type of project
* No crocheted projects accepted
2. Register for your projects at the January or February Guild Meeting. The fee is $5 per project. You may enter as many projects as you like. Once you register, I’ll send out the information sheet and permission sheet through email before the March meeting.
3. Bring your filled-in information sheet by the March meeting, a sheet of paper that has your name, your project’s name, the type of yarn used in your project, and the inspiration for the creation of your design with a section telling us whether you’re giving us permission to share your pattern in the 2016 Design-a-thon Booklet, which will be shared with all BLKG members. (Members may use the others’ patterns from the booklet to make projects for personal use but may not use these patterns make projects to sell.)
4. Bring your completed project(s) AND printed copy of your pattern for each project in a paper bag (to maintain anonymity) to the April meeting. Please make sure your name is on the printed copy of the pattern. (Plan to send an e-copy of your pattern to Becky through email before the April meeting if you’re going to be a part of the pattern booklet.)
5. Design-a-thon voting will take place at April meeting. We will vote for a 1st and 2nd place project within each group. The guild will keep the projects until the May meeting, when the winning projects will be announced.
Any questions: email Becky at email@example.com